“One of things that often get shorted when receiving massage is the head and scalp. Adding this to my session made sure one of my favorites not only didn’t get overlooked, but it also ended up helping me sleep soundly that night. Wasn’t sure about leaving the oil in, but afterwards, it wasn’t as oily as I thought it would be. The next morning, after washing my hair, my hair felt so silky and smooth. Loved, loved, loved the whole experience!” C.T.
This nourishing hot oil head massage includes an intensive scalp, head and neck massage using the new mini FaceBlaster tool. This tool is excellent for headache relief when following the migraine protocols. In addition, we use Bayan Botanical Ayurvedic herbal infused Healthy Hair Oil, which is specially crafted & blended to nourish and strengthen hair. The oil is warmed and then slowly poured onto the forehead and then gently massaged into the scalp. Warm water and towels are then used to gradually allow the oil to penetrate deep into the hair follicles which allows for further relaxation and better absorption of this specially blended oil for the hair.
Applying herbalized oils to the head and massaging into the scalp is a traditional Ayurvedic practice that has been used for hundreds of years to maintain a thick, lustrous head of hair. Gently massaging the head stimulates the hair follicles and allows the deeply nourishing herbs and oils to penetrate the scalp, strengthening and thickening the hair at its roots. As an added bonus, pouring warmed oil over the forehead, and allowing it to stream gently into the scalp deepens relaxation, calms the mind and is known to ease headaches and promote sound, restful sleep.
Healthy Hair Oil brings you the powerful effects the top three Ayurvedic herbs known to have a special affinity for your hair, cooked by traditional methods into a moisturizing and nourishing base of sesame and coconut oils, and then infused with the essence of hibiscus flowers, also used to support the natural health of hair. Bhringaraj, known as “the ruler of hair” rejuvenates the hair and scalp, supported by the cooling and cleansing effects of Amalaki and Brahmi (Gotu Kola). Together, the certified organic herbs are used to infuse the oil with qualities known to Ayurveda to strengthen and protect the hair, Healthy Hair oil will support your natural thickness, color, and shine.
* For best results, we encourage you allow the oils to soak in for at least several hours before washing your hair. Please keep that in mind when scheduling. You can actually leave the oil in as long as you wish. It will continue to feed and nourish your hair and scalp until you decide to shampoo it out.
HAIR & NOW:
- FOCUS – 30 min:
- FOCUS X 2 (Duet): $140.00
- FOCUS X 2 (Duets) are TWO 30 minute sessions (60 minutes with one therapist)
- Intensive massage to the scalp, neck and shoulders.
- Includes Healthy Hair Oil, Non Contact Aromatherapy and Warmed Towel Compresses & Stones.
- $55 per person when done as an add-on. (Can not be combined with other discounts.)
- FOCUS X 2 (Duet): $140.00
Traditionally, Abhyanga sessions, meaning LOVING HANDS, massage warmed oil into the hair. We offer our standard Abhyanga sessions without this scalp & hair massage. For those who want the full experience of this traditional Ayurvedic massage, the hot oil scalp & hair massage makes a great addition to your session.
* Unless pre-arrangements have been made, all of our 30 minute Focus – Duet (Couple) and Great Escape sessions are done with one therapist within an hour block of time. For the best possible experience we actually encourage this, for while one person is being worked on by the therapist, it allows for the other person to sink into a deeper state of relaxation with the hot towels we use. Two therapists can be arranged, but is based on the availability of the 2nd therapist. If you would still like to see if we can schedule the Focus sessions at the same time, please let us know when you place your reservation.