Bring the glow back into to your face!
Have you ever wanted to look as refreshed after a massage as you feel? Do you tend to carry tension in your facial and cranial muscles? Do you suffer from chronic headaches, eye strain or tight jaws? Our signature Cambrian Face Massages are inspired by the essence of Cambria’s natural beauty and relaxing atmosphere. Treat yourself with our face massage therapy, which is specially designed to tone your features, while inducing a state of deep relaxation. This essential therapy relaxes and improves circulation to the face, neck & scalp, calming the mind and delighting the senses.
With our face massage we incorporate several modalities. Many of these modalities can be done independently or blended together. Your therapist will tailor each session to your personal ‘kneads’ and always proceed with what works best for your face.
* All our face massage sessions are performed by certified massage therapists, who are trained in face massage therapy. They are non-invasive, non-esthetic, and are solely for the purpose of relaxation and to increase a sense of well-being. They are not intended to treat, groom, correct, or improve any particular skin condition, nor do we perform any acne extractions. Face massage is not recommended for individuals with current acne breakouts, rashes or rosacea. Though our sessions are massage oriented, if you have specific concerns about your skin, we do have a therapist who is also a licensed esthetician (skin care specialist). If you prefer, feel free to request her for your sessions. To ensure you can get her though, it is best to schedule your session as far in advance as possible (especially for reservations over the weekend).
- Sharing the same principles as Foot Reflexology, Face Reflexology works the muscles, fascia and lymphatic systems in the face. The nerve endings are stimulated and re-invigorated, opening up the energy (Chinese Meridian) channels throughout the body. Face Reflexology works to send a message to the Central Nervous System (CNS) to direct the energy to specific organs and glands to regulate your blood, hormones, and most importantly, boost your immune system. It is also an essential workout for the face to get a younger and healthier look.
- Potential benefits include: Instant relief of tension on the face, neck scalp and brain, working the entire body system to address specific issues, firm the facial muscles, reduces and/or prevent fine lines and wrinkles, stimulation to increase the blood circulation, and activate lymphatic drainage to achieve a naturally glowing complexion
- The FaceBlaster® is a special massage tool that has 3 dainty claws that employ the same benefits of the FasciaBlaster® for smaller, more delicate areas. It is specially designed to release tension, contour and sculpt the face. To learn more about the FaceBlaster protocols.
- We often use this tool in our STONE SOLE CONNECTION (Reflexology) & HAIR & NOW (Ayurvedic Hot Oil Head Massage) sessions as well. Its dainty size is perfect for effectively working out fascial adhesions between the smallest joints and bones in the fingers, toes, and ankles as well bringing increased circulation to stimulate hair growth on the scalp.
- To learn more about the benefits of massaging with the FasciaBlaster, for the body, please review IN HARMONY (Deep Tissue FasciaBlaster®).
- “When properly lubricated and with the appropriate pressure, the FaceBlaster smoothly glides right over the skin without any pulling. It feels so good and the increased circulation makes my skin feel alive!” S.R.
- “My face is tighter and more supple. It’s good! Promise! It’s like exercise for the muscles in the face, while bringing blood and oxygen to the skin.” D.A.
- La StOne® therapy, also known as warm and cool stone therapy, is a specific type of massage that uses smooth, warmed and cooled stones. When used in face therapy it can help to relieve tension and soreness, restore energy to aching muscles and joints and reduce inflammation.
- Warmed stones are used for encouraging circulation and for easing stiffness; cool stones are applied to aid with inflammation and encourage blood to move away from swollen areas. It is thought that using both the warm and cool can also help balance male(yang)/female(yin) energies. Benefits of alternating warm and cool stones during a La Stone session have been known to encourage the circulatory system and the self-healing process. To learn more about the benefits of LaStOne, please review the CAMBRIAN STONE CONNECTION for the full body.
- The effects of cold are increased stimulation and circulation, decreased inflammation and decreased pain. Cold acts as an analgesic, reducing nerve sensitivity and is stimulating to the body.
- The effects of heat on the body are increased circulation (especially at the surface), increasing metabolism which can assist with inflammation, and a decrease in pain, muscle spasm, and tissue stiffness. Heat quiets and relaxes the entire body, is efficient, nontoxic and promotes sleep.
- Gua Sha is a very effective way to stimulate a sluggish lymphatic system and comes from Traditional Chinese Medicine and which dates back to the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644). The practice of Gua Sha for the face (which is much gentler than the body therapy and does not cause redness) has recently become increasingly popular. Similar to body gua sha, the gua sha face application stimulates blood circulation and detoxification, while relaxing tense muscles that cause wrinkles to form. It is often referred to as the “Eastern Face Lift” or “Eastern Botox,” for it’s abilities to smooth fine lines and wrinkles, plump, tighten and rejuvenate skin; even decrease dark under-eye circles and puffiness.
For our face massage therapy, to ensure you have a clean palate to work with, a pre-cleansing regimen is used. This consists of a face wash and scrub. Even so, we do recommend that you arrive to your session without make-up for best results. Once your face is clean, we follow with a face oil that allows the various tools we use to glide smoothly on your skin. We finish with a face toner and balm specifically formulated to reduce any potential swelling and inflammation that the massage, and even more importantly the myofascial work that may be done, could cause. This also adds support for skin tightening. To soften fascia, relax muscles, increase blood supply and stimulate lymphatic flow, we employ the use of alternating temperatures. This can be done in several ways: ozone steam, towel compresses, and stones. Though our focus is not skin care, we still use high quality products, including Cambria’s own Lucia Apothecary skin care line.
PLEASE BE SURE TO LET US KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY ALLERGIES OR SKIN SENSITIVITIES PRIOR TO YOUR SESSION.
CAMBRIAN CALM REDUX (Without Mask):
- FOCUS – 30 min: $75
- FOCUS X 2: $150
- FOCUS X 2 (Duets) are TWO 30 minute sessions (60 minutes with one therapist)
- CAMBRIAN FACE MASSAGE
- Includes head, neck and shoulder massage.
- Includes Aromatherapy and Warm Towels & Stones.
- $60 per person when done as an add-on. (Can not be combined with other discounts.)
- FOCUS X 2: $150
CAMBRIAN CALM (With Mask):
Add a deeper level of relaxation and purification to your session with one of our two-step clay and fruit enzyme masks which are specially blended to be massaged while on your face.
- ESSENCE – 60 min: $135
* Unless pre-arrangements have been made, all of our 30 minute Focus – Duet (Couple) and Great Escape sessions are done with one therapist within an hour block of time. For the best possible experience we actually encourage this, for while one person is being worked on by the therapist, it allows for the other person to sink into a deeper state of relaxation with the hot towels we use. Two therapists can be arranged but is based on the availability of the 2nd therapist. If you would still like to see if we can schedule the Focus sessions at the same time, please let us know when you place your reservation.