MORE LIKE A HEALING SANCTUARY BY THE SEA
“My husband and I got to experience the LOVING HANDS X 2 Classic (90 minute Abhyanga Massage, with one therapist per person) which was glorious. We also requested to add Deep Tissue to the session. Cambria is so restful and charming and being able to treat ourselves to this was heavenly. Thank you so much!” J.O.
Abhyanga (meaning ‘Loving Hands’) is an ancient Indian Ayurvedic warmed oil massage therapy, used for healing and detoxifying the Body, Mind and Spirit. For this we use Bayan Botanical Ayurvedic herbal infused oils. Though sessions are traditionally done with two therapists in tandum (a four hand signature therapy), these sessions offer a more affordable one therapist option that still reap many of the same benefits.
This treatment, using light to medium pressure, is very balancing and is excellent for detoxifying your body and calming the mind. It is also a holistic treatment, meant to nourish the body with healing touch and warmed oil, as it promotes healthy circulation and joints.
Warmed aromatic herbal oils, specially crafted & blended to nourish and strengthen your constitution type, are used. A variety of Ayurvedic techniques is applied to work along the energy channels of your body. When done with two therapists a technique called mirror or tandem massage is used in a synchronized manner. The massage techniques used help to restore the flow of vital energy, Prana, where it has become blocked. Lymphatic stimulation, to the whole body, including the head and belly, help squeeze out toxic accumulation from your system.
Traditional Ayurvedic massage often ends with a time spent in a stream sauna. This helps to allow the oils used to penetrate more readily into the tissues, improve circulation, enhance the detoxification process and further relax the body. We have adapted this process with a full body hot towel treatment that is specially applied to maintain your comfort, yet still achieve the benefits moist heat provides.
Benefits of applying HERBAL INFUSED oil to the body (abhyanga):
- Imparts softness, strength and color to the body
- Decreases the effects of aging
- Bestows good vision
- Nourishes the body
- Increases longevity
- Benefits sleep patterns
- Benefits skin
- Strengthens the body’s tolerance
- Imparts a firmness to the limbs
- Imparts tone and vigor to the dhatus (tissues) of the body
- Stimulates the internal organs of the body, increasing circulation
- Pacifies vata and pitta
Herbal oils specific to your constitution, or current condition, are especially good choices for full body massage.
- Vata Massage Oil: This rejuvenating oil used is a synergistic blend of nine herbs, including ashwagandha, bala and passionflower and is made from a base of organic sesame and olive oils. The certified organic herbs nourish and ground vata, supporting vitality and vigor.
- Pitta Massage Oil: This aromatic oil is a cooling blend of nine organic herbs, including brahmi, guduchi and manjista, in a base of sesame and sunflower oils. These herbs are traditionally used in Ayurveda to address pitta by removing excess heat while relaxing the tension associated with pitta.
- Kapha Massage Oil: Formulated in a base of organic sesame and sunflower oils, this invigorating blend contains nine organic herbs including punarnava, chitrak, calamus, and rosemary. This energizing blend of herbs is activating and mobilizing, vital for balancing kapha.
- Daily Massage Oil: Daily Massage Oil is formulated to balance all three doshas: vata, pitta, and kapha. This makes it a good choice if you do not know your constitution or if you have a complex constitution or imbalance. The base uses both warming and cooling oils to allow the oil to have a simultaneous penetrating and soothing effect. The traditional cooking process then brings together powerful Ayurvedic herbs like guduchi to soothe and rejuvenate; bala to strengthen; and arjuna and tulsi to invigorate, promote circulation, and support the lymphatic system.This blend not only supports the physical body but also calms and steadies the mind with brahmi (gotu kola) and bhringaraj. Finally, the oil is also pleasing, soothing, and revitalizing to the senses and spirit with a light hint of lemon verbena and lavender.
When booking your session, for the best results, please advise us of your ‘dosha’ type. If you do not know, you can click here to find a quick survey that can help.
When we do not know a dosha type, we can always use the Daily Massage Oil (Overall Balance) which is beneficial for all types.
ABHYANGA MASSAGE OPTION
Our ABHYANGA MASSAGE can be done with, or without, the traditional AYURVEDIC HOT OIL HEAD MASSAGE – HAIR & NOW. Sessions listed here are WITHOUT. Please let us know if you would like to add the HAIR & NOW head massage to your session.
- FOCUS – 30 min: $75
- ESSENCE – 60 min: $130
- ESSENCE X 2 (Duet): $260
- CLASSIC – 90 min: $170
- EXTEND – 120 min: $210
- INDULGE – 150 min: $250
- INDULGE X 2 (Duet): $500
- LUXURY – 180 min: $290
* Unless pre-arrangements have been made, all of our 30 minute Focus – Duet (Couple) and Great Escape sessions are done with one therapist within an hour block of time. For the best possible experience we actually encourage this, for while one person is being worked on by the therapist, it allows for the other person to sink into a deeper state of relaxation with the hot towels we use. Two therapists can be arranged, but is based on the availability of the 2nd therapist. If you would still like to see if we can schedule the Focus sessions with two therapists, please let us know when you place your reservation.